List of changes in every new nocheto release.
2022.02.28 New version was released: 2.4.0!
- cut command can delete everything before current move
- mergelist[+] command opens multiple PGN files at once (and creates list of games from them)
- merge[+] command opens multiple PGN files and merge them into one game.
command enables HTTP communication protocol (v 0.1)
(This is an experimental feature so you have to run nocheto with --future option to have this)
See also Nocheto HTTP API
New configuration capabilities
- stalemateisosign and stalemateutf8sign in [board] section are used to mark stalemate in moves tree
- checkdayinterval in [nocheto] section can be used to set day interval for checking new nocheto releases.
- New section [nocheng] as addeded with one configuration option: logfile
- goseconds in [engine] section can have
!to force this value to be used by all configured engines
New nocheto options
--merge options now.
New nochetodbeval option
option now. It affects in which order unevaluated moves are evaluated.
Commands which are stoppable now
(Commands which can be stopped by stop command)
- Database structure was changed and version updated to 3.0 (Resulting database is smaller an faster)
hint!command was removed as it duplicated analyze! command
- Output of nochetoclient in analyze mode was throttled. No more than 1 row per second is drawn now (it increase readability).
open, save and printpgn commands interpret
~/as HOME directory now
- default colors for evaluated moves were changed (okmovecolor, blundermovecolor)
- fixed kitty console detection
- fixed kitty board generation
2022.01.30 New version was released: 2.3.0!
This release brings following new features:
New config options
- Section [board] has thre following new properties: whiteisofield, blackisofield, whiteutf8field and blackutf8field which set characters used to fill empty board fields.
- Section [console] you can set whitefieldcolor and blackfieldcolor which are used to color characters used to fill empty board fields. Those properties can use ! to make color bold.
- Section [engine] can set any uci engine option
- Section [gui] has a movecolor property now.
Changes in engine configurations
engines configuration can be written into ~/.nocheto/config/engines.ini file.
The nocheto's --engine command line options now understands engine name from configuration file(s).
The nochetodbeval --engine option was removed. Evaluations saved into database shoud always be from the same (strongest) engine configured in config file.
Engine evaluations for moves played by engine
Engine evaluation is addeded to moves played by engine. They have blue color by default.
Note: if engine is configured to play on lower than the strongest level, the result evaluation is affected by it. In another words, you can't rely on it.
- movecolor <r,g,b> sets red, green and blue color for stroke around last move on graphics board.
- listboards list available board types
- viewevaluation, vweval and vbeval enbale/disable colors for evaluation in moves tree, cpmeter etc.
- setoption command
- you can use board.txt file to change graphics board colors
- ascii-utf8 board was added
- graph is shown in start position
- graph is shown for alternative moves too
- fixed minor bugs in uci protocol